Saturday, August 20, 2005

My 2nd Shower, Leila's Birthday


So today is Leila's 2nd Birthday. I'm sad that I can't be with her on such a momentous occasion. But, I was surround by friends, who showered me with gifts for the little princess. It was a wonderful event, with wonderful friends. I got some really great gifts, a lot of Leap Frog stuff, some blankets, books, a lovely table and chairs (toddler size, of course), and rocking horse, and a bunch of other toys.

One of my best friends flew in from Minneapolis, and her daughter, my God-Daughter, flew up from Florida to be at this event. Them being there made it an extra special occassion.

My two closets friends, here in Virginia, hosted the Shower. Liz and Shannan have been great support to me during this process, and they went all out with the wonderful food and decorations.

But what was on my mind the most, was that this would be Leila's last Birthday without a mommy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVELY LEILA!

No comments: