Thursday, March 10, 2005

APPROVED

Well, it is March 10th, and the committee at CHI has agreed to allow me to adopt Leila. I'm excited...but terrified. It happened so fast...just days ago I was getting on waiting lists, expecting to have a 6 month to 1 year wait before I even start the paperwork process...now, all of a sudden, I have to start my paperwork right this minute!

My thoughts run in so many different directions. Did I make the right decision? Wait, this happened too fast. Am I truly the best mommy for this little girl? Maybe I should let a couple adopt her.

But then I think...of course I'm the right mommy...I will love her more than anything in the world...why wouldn't this be right? I have the means to make sure she gets the best medical treatment possible. I have a nice home, a great job, I can give her so much more than she has right now.

So, no matter what anyone thinks...adoption is never an easy decision. I think all of us who adopt second guess our decision...especially those of us that are single.

But the bottom line is...no matter what rambling thoughts go through my head, I am so excited I could just bust with happiness!

No comments: