Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time to update the blog

Well...a few friends have been bugging me to update my blog, so that they can watch the little bean grow. It's now been almost 2 years since I brought Leila home, and the changes are AMAZING! You know...I went into my adoption, hoping for the best, but also preparing for the worst, especially considering some of the issues the Leila could have ended up with. Well, she's better than even my best hopes and dreams. She is an Angel sent to me from Heaven, and I have been truly blessed. I often think of the movie "The Sound of Music" when Julie Andrews sings "somewhere in my youth, or childhood, I must have done something good" because that's exactly how I feel...I must have done something good, to get such a wonderful child. "Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could".

So here she is, 2 years later.
At the Halloween carnival, up the street from our house. She got to pick what she wanted to wear. She's got a keen sense of style.
Walking home from the Halloween Festival.
Trick or Treating with Uncle Jay
Back from Trick or Treating and hanging with Aunt Kimmy
Going in for her laser surgery. She was a trooper!
The Pledge of Allegiance

6 comments:

Danielle said...

She's so cute! It looks like she has settled in very well. I love the little video of her doing the Pledge. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Oh lord I'm wiping my eyes and sniffling snot!! Oh Heather she truly IS more than anyone could ever hope for!! Her "pledge" just shook my heart. I so wish I could be nearby so I could watch her grow and give her HUGE ((HUGS)) all the time. Thank you so much for sending this & I will check it often.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, I do love that baby!!!!!! Loved her from the moment I set eyes on her two years ago. :) I am so glad you updated the blog. She is so cute!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your sweet Bing with me! You will never, ever know how many times I have spoken a word of thanks that you are her mommy!

Big, big hugs,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Heather,

Thanks for sharing the picts! She is a gorgeous little angel for sure. What a touching post!

Abby's Mom said...

Yay, I'm so glad to see you posting again :) Leila looks wonderful! Thank's also for your travel tips. Looking foreward to more updates :)

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable. Love the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance. Just so cute. It is obvious the reasons she is a blessing to you.

Beckie (mom to Lana)