Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm ready to come home...





I'm tired...and I just want to sleep in my own bed, with my own belongings, and I SO desperately want to wear some different clothing. I only packed three outfits, and though the Chinese laundry here is wonderful and cheap...I'm a spoiled American, and I want to wear something different!!! I want to just relax in my recliner, play with my baby in our house, and have her sleep in her own bed.

I've enjoyed my stay here, but it's definately time to go home. The other families that are here with me have been wonderful...I loved meeting them and spending time with them, and I wish we all lived closer to each other. But it is not to be, so we'll keep in touch via email, and share with each other how our children are growing and developing.

I loved spending my entire time here with Kevin and Lisa Seppi, their daughter Mia, and their new daughter Meaghan. Marji, the other single mother here, is just wonderful and encouraging for me, and she was here to pick up her 4th daughter Nora. In the room next to mine is Coni and her husband Keith (I think that's his name, I'm terrible with names), their daughter Jaiden, and their new daughter Jali. Sisters, Heidi and Heather are also here with their new babies, Heidi lives in Midtown Manhattan...my favorite place to visit, and she promises Leila and I can come and stay with them and we can take our babies to Central Park Zoo, the theater, and all the museums. I thank all the CHI families for making this such an enjoyable trip.

And to Leila, my new daughter, who is already a joy in my life...I love you, and I will nuture you and shelter you all the days of our lives.

Tomorrow is our last full day in China, and it's chock full of trips to the Consultates office, so I will spend tomorrow night packing...and that includes the laptop. So I will see you all when I return stateside...I can't wait to touch down on American soil once again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAITING IMPATIENTLY!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU BOTH,
MA/GRANDMA

Sharon said...

Can't wait to receive the email saying you are HOME! I know how you feel about just wanting to be HOME. Oh, what a wonderful feeling to sleep in your own bed!

The pictures of Leila are just beautiful!

Big, big hugs!
Sharon