Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beautiful Child

First let me say my apologies for being so lax in my blogging. My little petri dish has been sharing her germs with me, and I've had 4 colds/flus/virus' in a row, since Christmas. I think I definitely need to start eating better. I did start taking vitamins, so this last bout wasn't as bad as the first three.

Anyhow...this post isn't about that...it's about what a beautiful child I have. I honestly wonder, everyday, how I was so blessed to be given this child. She has such a beautiful soul, such a beautiful sense of humor, and such a beautiful love that she shares with me. Everyday I get at least 10 I love you Mommy's from her, and hugs and kisses galore. So the other day, I worried that maybe there was some inner reason she was saying this so much. Maybe she was needing some kind of reassures from me. So I asked her "why do you love me?", and all she could say was "because". So I said to her, well, let me tell you why I love you...you make me smile every day...your sensitivity for me and others, makes me love you...you listen to me when I ask you do to something...you help me so much around the house...and because you are beautiful inside and out. So she says to me, "well, I love you because you take good care of me, you tuck me into bed, and you play with me when I take a bath...you make me laugh, and you are silly...and I love you because you are beautiful inside and out."


She amazes me daily, this joy of my life.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Leila & Heather,
Send me an email! We are coming up to DC this summer! :)

Sharon

Shelly and Family said...

I was wondering where you were at...So happy to see that you are now feeling better...

And I do agree, our children are truly a blessing...