Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Broadway

So...it's in my profile...I LOVE broadway shows and can't wait until Leila is old enough to go with me to New York. Until then, I've been taking her to local productions of shows, seeing if I can get her to sit through a whole show. She saw some children's show call "The Boy Who Could Talk To Penquins", and did really well, until the Penquins came out into the audience to play hide and seek, at which point Leila jumped in my lap for protection. But other than that, she sat through the whole thing and enjoyed the show. The next show she went to was a local production of "Cats", she LOVED it, and didn't even mind the Cats running up and down the aisle. She was even dancing in the aisle at curtain call. I'm now trying to find a local Christmas show somewhere to take her to, since she seems to do so well at live shows and enjoys them. But very soon, she'll be seeing the neon lights of Broadway with Mommy, I feel certain.

My Broadway Wall...and this is just about half of my collection, because this was all I could hang without a ladder. Hopefully I can get my friends over soon and get the rest hung.


2 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Oh...we love Broadway shows too! I can't wait to be able to take Francesca to one! We go see the Nutcracker every year at our local acting center & she loves it!

My mom has been taking me since I was 4...my first show was the King & I in NYC! Now that was many years ago....

Pamela Clare said...

Oh, Heather, she's grown so much!!! And what a dolly! You, do, indeed, have a beautiful child. Treasure these years. They are so precious!

XO,
Pamela