Saturday, December 01, 2007

Santa Claus...

So today, a couple of 2nd's for my girl....second haircut, and second time to sit with Santa. We are very lucky here that we get the "real" Santa in our small burb. I mean really, after you stop looking at the beautiful Leila, look at Santa...it's really him, nothing fake about him at all. I love that he doesn't wear a Santa suit, he's the casual Friday Santa, and I'm a casual Friday kinda gal, so I dig him! He was here last year, so I was happy that he was back. I thought maybe the "real" Santa rotated cities or something...but no, he likes our little city.

We were 3rd in line, and Leila was anxious to spew forth the list of presents she wanted. When she got on his lap, she was going a mile a minute with her list of must have's. When she was done, she came to me and said "Santa didn't give me any presents"...AHHHH, I hadn't thought of that kind of logic in a 4 year old. So I quickly explained to her that he's just taking her order, and he will deliver the presents on Christmas...I hasten to add "if you're a good girl". I swear I'm milking this whole naughty and nice thing!

Anyhow...here she is...waiting for Santa...then finally, he arrives!

2 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Hi Heather! Even though my hubby and I live in PA...we have a place in Manassas because my hubby works in DC.

I see that your daughter, Leila, went to see Santa. Francesca only likes him from a distance...and I mean a distance. I have been trying to talk to her about him & even though she is totally excited about Santa stopping at our house when she will be sleeping...she does not want to sit on his lap.

BTW...since you live in NOVA, where did you go to have the photos with Santa taken? Whenever we are down there, I hit all the malls...starting at Leesburg Corners on RT 15 when we are coming in and sometimes go all the way to Potomic Mills or Tysons Corner (and always hitting Manassas Mall & FairOaks).

Who knows...maybe someday we'll run into on another!

Shelly and Family said...

Hi Heather...yes we have to meet up at some time! Our place is really only about 10 mins from Manassas Mall! Anyway....as for the tree topper, I got it at www.mandysmoon.com She has a lot of great stuff regarding adoption.

Next time we are headed down to Va...I'll drop you a line with hopes of meetig up.

BTW...I thought the penguins (in the photos of Lelia with Santa) looked familiar. I remember them from last year at the Manassas Mall