Monday, January 09, 2006

GOTCHA






Well...she's here, and it's official...I am a MOMMY! Connie (our guide), took Kevin and Lisa Seppi, and me, to the CCAA offices to get our children. Lisa and I met online through our Adoption agency email list. The Seppi's are a wonderful family, and were so very helpful to me with Leila. But I have to say...I've only had this child for 3 hours now, but she has been a dream. Right now she is playing with her stacking cups (a Godsend) quite happily. I bought her a $30 Chinese speaking doll that scared her, but the $2.39 stacking cups are her favorite thing. Oh, and the Cherrio's were a huge hit as well!

She had a real quick bath, as she screamed bloody murder for the whole 3 minutes I had her in there. Well...we'll work her into it gradually! Hopefully she'll do better tomorrow. The nannies informed me that she can feed herself, so I let her try, and she actually did a pretty good job, but I finally had to step in to help her finish eating and to quit playing with it.

She's not potty trained (big surprise to me), so I will have to run out and get diapers! Luckily I did bring some pull-ups, so those are working for now.

Well...let me get these first pictures posted, and get off of here so she and I can do a little bonding!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG, HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a happy Auntie Sharon!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Our sweet Leila is with her mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Sharon

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! You and Leila look great together. Cant wait till you get back and settled in.

Love you,

Suzy

Anonymous said...

Heather!!!! OMG I'm so excited for you! I can't believe you have Leila finally! Hugh and heartfelt congrats girly! I can't wait to see you both! When do you come back?

Lina

Anonymous said...

Heather I am SO happy for you & she is such a doll, I'm just bummed that I won't get to see her until Oct. when I'm back there again.. Everyone else will get to hold her first..*G*

New to this blog stuff so don't know how this will post..

£inda