Thursday, January 12, 2006

Our Trip to the Zoo






Was uneventful. Leila was scared of most of the animals, so there are no pictures of her for this round. I was able to snap a few shots of just the animals, but if I got too close with the stroller, she would start to cry. I fed some goats, trying to show her that animals are okay, but she wasn't having any of it. Oh well...the animal lover in me is going to change that.

The Palm Tree picture is for you Ma (notice the loverly air pollution). The elephant is the tallest, and skinniest elephant I've ever seen. The other elephants were big ol' fat things...so I think this guy just has a fast metabolism, because there was no lack of food there for them. The monkeys were kinda cool, and the Panda made me sad, and here's a picture of the baby goat I fed.

Leila didn't seem to mind the dogs though...yes, I said dogs...they actually have dogs, in cages, at the zoo. They were little pomeranians. I didn't take their picture, because I was a little upset about dogs being in a zoo. I know I'm in a different culture right now, and I respect that culture, but I didn't want a picture of it. Now don't get me wrong...the dogs had adequate food and shelter, and I was able to reach over and pet them, which many people do. So they don't lack for personal attention from zoo goers.

Overall, I wasn't happy with the zoo and the conditions the animals are kept in. Especially the Panda...one of the symbols of China. But I know that in America, there are many cities that maintain zoo's probably in the same condition, so I know it's not just a China thing.

To say the least, it will be interesting to see what happens when Leila gets home and finds out she has two dogs!!! This will be quite an adventure!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I know you must be so glad you didn't have to move. Thank goodness you have the Seppi family there with you! I was so worried about you trying to do it all on your own.
Brinley uses both her right and left hand, too. I think it's pretty cool. My MIL freaks out everytime she picks up her spoon with her left hand! LOL
Glad that all is going well for you!

Hugs to both of you!
Sharon