Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More Adventures in China




So...it's about 5am here in China, and I just checked my email. Seems like we have to leave our hotel and move to another one for the weekend. The Chinese Goverment has requisitioned the hotel for a meeting...which in this country mean...get everyone out! An inconvenience, yes, but also kind of exciting to see the politics of another nation, and the power that it can wield. Imean, this is a LARGE hotel, and believe me, there are A LOT of people here right now. I can't imagine the work involved in relocating hundreds of people, because the government wants your building for a meeting.

Anyhow...I'll let you all know how that goes. Hopefully we'll have internet access at the new hotel...but either way, we're supposed to move back here after the weekend, and I'll update once we get back.

Meanwhile...here are more pictures...and one of them is of the hotel.

No comments: