Thursday, January 12, 2006

So guess what...



We didn't move. I don't know how Connie did it, but the Seppi's and I are still at the White Swan Hotel. There are few of us left here in the hotel, most of the other families were moved to The Victory and The Garden. The Seppi's did have to change their room, but they are now on the 9th floor with me...just a few doors down...so that's nice! We had Danny's Bagels deliver us lunch, and we ate in their new room. When Lisa said on the CHI email list that they would adopt me while I was here, they weren't kidding. They have been so very helpful to me...bringing me dinner last night, calling me to ask me if I need anything from the store, because they're going there. Just the nicest family...I couldn't have asked to share this experience with better people.

So, back to the hotel...Lisa informed me that we must keep ID on us at all times, and that if we leave the hotel, they won't let us back in without ID. Also, the metal detectors are going up...all cars parked across the street have been replaced with Police vehicles, and I just saw a man with the long handled mirror thingy...you know...that mirror that they use to look at the underneath of cars. So, here are some pictures, taken from my hotel window, of the police cars, and the police on the corner with their tidy uniforms and white hats.

No comments: