Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's Official



Well, it's 3am here, and I'm awake. I did go to sleep at 9:00pm, so I at least got 6 hours sleep, which is about what I got yesterday...it's like my body is saying "okay, 6 hours...you're a mommy now...get used it"!

Okay...so apparently yesterday, I wasn't officially Leila's mommy, just her Guardian. But today, we went back to the CCAA to finalize the paperwork. I have the official Certificate of Adoption. So, according to China, I am her Mommy. Now we just have to get the USA to recognize that, so next we start the round of US Embassy paperwork. Thankfully, Connie, our guide, takes care of a lot of this for us. We do have to be there for all the official signing and swearing in stuff, but Connie knows what she's doing, and really makes this complicated process VERY easy for us.

Not many pictures today, I was very tired, but Kevin Seppi was kind enough to grab my camera for me and take some pictures at the CCAA. This is one of Leila's Nannies. She is a lovely woman, and you can tell they definitely care about these children. The Hyde Family, who adopted a 6 year old (Taryn) from Leila's orphanage (Leizhou), in August, took for me, a teddy bear, camera, and photo album to have the nannies give to Leila for me. Leila came to me with the teddy bear and the camera. Anyhow the Hyde Family asked me to take a photo album to the nannies, so that they could see how Taryn was doing. The nannies were SO happy to see Taryn, and her new family...they just went gaagaa over the pictures and letter that Taryn sent to them...it truly makes them happy to see their children in loving homes and happy!

Oh, and my RBL girlfriends (that's my book club group), will be happy to see that Leila is a booklover. That made mommy very happy, considering I have a TON of books at home for her (most of them courtesy of my RBL gal pals)!

Well, that's if for now...I'm going to see if I can get some more sleep. Today is a free day and Connie is taking us shopping at the big mall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep is overrated! They grow so fast you want to spend as much time as you can with them. I love the picture of Leila, her nanny and you. Thats a keeper and one that you will both treasure in years to come. Lots of luck with your move.

Suzy

Sharon said...

Congratulations, Mama!!!!!!!!! :)

Love the pictures!!! Brinley points to Leila's pictures and says, "BABY!!" I don't think she realizes that they are the same age. LOL

Are you moving to the Victory Hotel?

Sharon